About Me

My photo
SAHM of 3 wonderful kids, one brilliant one Asperger Syndrome. This is not a living shrine to his disorder, but rather a place to share & discuss the different challenges that came with it and other things about parenting & life in general.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Learning to read body language for Asperger Child

After the bullying incident, I had to pick up a few books on body language.  Unlike us, they lack this ability more than others and sometimes, they don't have any of these skills.  I am making him read these books.
 I am finding  BODY LANGUAGE HANDBOOK by Gregory Hartley and Maryann Karinch really helpful.  I hope you pick it up and read with your child.  I am going through this book with him and trying to teach him the basic signals that he doesn't pick up on his own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment